Skip to main content

10 Scariest Places that Hardcore American Adventurers Would Go In

Caution! If you get scared easily, then it's time to get out and read other blogs. But, if, and only if, you have what it takes to be man enough and explore some of the haunted and scariest places in United States, it's time to take them on consideration and, you might want to visit them if you are daring enough.

10. Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia


       

        A prison, which is closed in 1971, is very much notable for the presence of scary apparitions and haunting present in the cellblocks itself. Most notable cellblocks are cellblocks 4, 6 and 12. It is said that these cellblocks are known for the source of luring echoing voices, shadowy figures that manifests along the walls and visions of ghostly faces. A horrible energy is being felt at these cellblocks which might get the real shit out of you.

        How to visit: Plan a visit to Eastern State Penitentiary



9. St. Louis Cemetery, New Orleans


  
      Before we get started exploring St. Louis Cemetery, do you know anything about witches? If you do, maybe we are thinking the same on how they look. Old, have scraggly hair, have warts, etc. Irregardless of what they look like, did you know that a voodoo queen, Marie Laveau is buried in plot 347, the Glapion family crypt in St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, try to visit her grave there and let's see if you've got what it takes to be hardcore.


8. Sleepy Hollow, New York
    



         Have you heard of the "Legend of Sleepy  Hollow"? If not, then the legend goes like this, Ichabod Crane visits Sleepy Hollow, New York from the state of Connecticut, it is said the small quiet town as under some sort of Enchantment. Story goes then, Ichabod Crane fell in love with Katrina Van Tassel, the only child of Baltus Van Tassel. Katrina is one of Ichabod's student. Katrina's charm made Ichabod fell in love with her, but suddenly, Ichabod fells crestfallen when Katrina disappointed him. Story eventually goes that Ichabod Crane was abducted by a headless horsemen. 

        How to visit: Visit Sleepy Hollow


7. Winchester Mystery House, California



        Why is it even considered mystery in the first place, right? But who doesn't even want some mystery, not me for sure. Winchester Mystery House, is claimed to be designed out of fear by Sarah Winchester itself, wife of William Winchester, a gun magnate known for Winchester rifles. It is also claimed that the Winchester House is made like a labyrinth for unknown reasons, but many believe that it is. It is also claimed that the haunting and apparitions surrounded the house after the killing of its residents by the Winchester rifles itself.
   
        How to visit:Visit Winchester Mystery House


6. Gettysburg National Military Park, Pennsylvania


            

            Gettysburg National Military Park, sounds patriotic right? Well, right you are! This formidable place is the battlegrounds for Civil War's deadliest battle. Almost 50,000 Americans were killed at Gettysburg  in 1863, these bodies were eventually dumped into mass graves. They still haunt the place for they haven't found peace yet! Try to visit them, yeah?

        How to visit: Visit Gettysburg National Military Park


5. The Villisca Ax Murder House, Iowa



            Located in Vilisca, Iowa in United States, last happened in June 10, 1912. Gruesome as it may seem, it gets worse, the six members of the Moore family and two house guests were found bludgeoned, those six were children had severe head wounds caused by an ax. The crime remains unsolved.

         How to visit: Visit Vilisca House


4. Alcatraz Prison, San Francisco




            One of the most notable penitentiaries in American. Al Capone, an American gangster who once served at Alcatraz Penitentiary for 4.5 years. The staff still denies the claims about the existence of apparitions in Alcatraz Prison for it becomes really "unnecessary" to know. I think it's up to you to know whether there is actually a thing in there, because you've got what it takes. After all, the creepy scenery of Alcatraz would intensify the scary vibes. 

          How to visit: Visit Alcatraz Prison

3. Seven Sisters Road, Nebraska



              Ohhhhh, sounds creepy right? Keep up with the tale of Nebraska's Seven Sisters Road, this road is just referred to as the "L street" on all maps. According to legend, back in the 1900s, a young man was having a heated argument with his family, until his parents leave that time, he hung his sister one by one in separated trees. Years later, it is claimed that the trees once stood in those roads.  Do you got what it takes to stay on these roads? 


2. West Virginia State Penitentiary, West Virginia




               A gothic-styled prison in Moundsville. Its past contains a violent events, until it goes to the point where a thing called "residual haunting" is visible in the place itself. Residual haunting is defined to be the apparition of replay of the past events which occurred to be violent during those times.

           How to visit: Visit West Virginia State Penitentiary

1. Witch's Grave, Kansas



                Back to witches again, whooo. It goes a long way of exploration but here we are, my personal choice! In fact, if I have time to be adventurous, then I would just visit the place like I really want to. 



            14-yr old May D Knotts was burnt at stake, accused of being a witch, at 1904. If one would go at 3:33 am, you are supposed to hear disembodied voices, apparitions, and a claim that a "Hellhound" is circling the grave of May. Come with me, let's visit this grave and have some creepy time!

            How to visit: Visit at Quaker Valley Cemetery, Riverton, Kansas



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reddit Review and Explorations: r/creepy - You're right, it's creepy!

What's up guys! Today I stumbled upon, in my opinion, some of the creepiest contents from r/creepy of reddit! I remembered first seeing this subreddit, damn right it was creepy! I can't even resist the creepiness of the artworks, faces and mosaics that could be found there. Well, guys, here, I'll list my choices below.  10. Kitchen's artwork by u/Danny_Ingrassia_Art  The kitchen (my artwork) from r/creepy Can't say anything but the I don't really know what the painter thinks while he was painting this. All I can say is, you can see the details at every corner of the painting, very much expressed. The texture looks real. I don't think it conveys any deep message, the author has really the passion of painting this kind of genres. I am very much impressed by the creepiness the two people with their widened mouths. It intensifies the creepy of the whole picture.   9. Amphibious creature by u/SuperMacaroner Amphibious Creature - circa 1950 from r/creepy The

7 most embarrassing moments I've ever experienced

                   Hey, don't get me wrong. Everyone has embarrassing life moments, including you. But let me tell you them here. You know, when I first thought of this idea, I just laughed, thinking and remembering all my embarrassing life moments, but you know, I'm a hardcore and I pick the most embarrassing ones. Sigh, here it goes, I'tell you now, and please, don't laugh. 7. My shorts got off unintentionally after getting out of pool                    When I remember this embarrassing moment, I just say that I never want to go swimming again. Because this shit might happen again. It was during my childhood, maybe I was a 7-yr old boy during those time. Fascinating how I still remembered it despite being long ago. Going back to the moment, my shorts were very wide, it was overstretched because I was fat back then. To my sight, my uncle is laughing at me then he just told me that I wasn't wearing any cover for my under. I felt so ashamed at an early age, I comman